9.02.2008

Boo Dashboard DeafRead Custom!

What was wrong with cookies for DeafRead Custom? I understand the argument that TaylerCo is making, but really, why couldn't they have left the cookie option too? That way people would have a choice. I don't appreciate being required to sign up for something, and I avoid it every chance I can. Big Brother, privacy issues, hackable data, and all that...

BRING BACK THE COOKIES, DEAFREAD! What's wrong with letting people choose if they want to use the Dashboard or rely on cookies?

UPDATE: Jared Evans posted a little explanation of the move from cookies to the Dashboard. If this was written in response to my post, it completely missed my point. If it wasn't, it's a good idea to make sure people know what's happening.

3 comments:

Beaux Arts de Boutjean said...

Merci beaucoup for bringing up the subject. What the Tayler Company has failed to understand is that "Custmise" or "Dashboard" would not work on some computers that are installed with a program like Internet Security. I did lower from "medi" to "low-medi" to no avail because my Verizon is so highly secure that they combat against cookies, including DeafRead.

tayler said...

Simply Sanuiere, DeafRead Custom by cookies continue to work outside the Dashboard. http://www.deafread.com/custom/

beaux arts de boutjean, the new version of DeafRead Custom, or any of the services under the Dashboard, does not use cookies.

Saunière said...

Tayler,
Thank you for your comment. I appreciate it. But I don't seem to be able to get it to work. I wrote my post because I noticed that blogs I'd hidden were now visible. I figured I'd hide them again. I got a message saying I had to log in to Dashboard.

And I haven't deleted any cookies. I haven't cleared them out either. I didn't set any expiration dates.

So it's my experience that no, cookies don't work.